Monday, March 3, 2008

Paddling!!

We, Kristi, all the kids, me and Steven, all went to Goldwater Lake Friday afternoon for our first paddle of the season, though now that I've uploaded all my pics none of them indicate that we did indeed paddle-oops.
The water there, like Watson is super high! Wahoo! So much so that the entire boat launch is under water as is about half the parking area at the boat launch! Again, I've never seen the water this high in all my years here. It. Is. Amazing.

After paddling, swinging and snacking Steven, Tashi and I went to check out the dam and lower lake... But, first, Tashi the monkey girl, had to climb a tree. All the way to the top of an Alligator Juniper.


This is the back side of the dam and the creek made by the water coming over the spillway.

Tashi found a crawdad in the creek!


Here's Steven, who thinks he's gonna rock climb up the wall right there, uh huh... riiiiight... ;-)

Water coming over the spillway.


Here's the lake from the top of the dam. Sorry about the blurries. I forgot to change back to landscape from close-up after I photo'd the crawdad...

Looks like this coming weekend might be "laking" weather again so maybe I'll be able to post some pics of us actually paddling! ;-)

No comments: